Saturday, May 31, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: FLOWERS

Most of today I was in one of my favorite places: on a local trail at last! It has been too long since I have done some bona fide hiking...just ask my body tonight! I have some fun pictures, but these are for staying on theme: flowers; wild ones.
Shooting was a challenge as, in the forest, there were bright spots and sunny spots.
These two are SOOC; didn't pack my macro lens. This is with my Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 lens, hand-held.
A wild bleeding heart. They never do have a vivid color, and this one was fading fast. They are so very fragile in an old-growth forest.

7 comments:

Sandra Collins said...

I really like the lighting in the second shot

Amy said...

Really nice color and lighting!

Chell said...

Oh that second one is lovely and so fragile looking..

pat said...

Nice, ML!! These turned out beautifully. Wasn't it fun to discover we can "manage" without our macros? Really like the comp on both of these.

Jess said...

WOW, how lucky you found these in the wild! I've never seen them in the forest before. These are wonderful!

Margaret said...

Sounds like your hike was great! Love the colors and DOF in that second shot.

Debbi said...

The green in the first one is so intense - love it!