Friday, May 30, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: FLOWERS

This is a different type of "flower" today. Rather than photograph "in the wild", I thought I would post the arrangements I did for our gr.son's Eagle Court of Honor. I spent most of yesterday on our patio doing 5 arrangements. Pictured first is the largest - 3 1/2 feet tall, and very, very heavy! I had spent the previous day cutting fresh flowers and they were all free! Thanks to local farmers who let me be on the loose in their fields!
This one is done in my own very large Polish urn-type thing

This medium one is in my mother's deep red Venetian glass:
I didn't have any measurements for the pulpit, but it fit perfectly. Whew!

A more restful moment of practicing focal points, into the center of a full arrangement:

9 comments:

Becky said...

What a great job you did!

pat said...

Kudos, ML. Your arrangements are always SOOO stunning. I just can't get over that all the flowers and greens are gleaned. LOVE that last shot; the warm background is a perfect counterbalance for the iris blue.

Amy said...

Beautiful arrangements!

Jess said...

These are AMAZING ML! You have a knack for flower arranging! You balanced them all perfectly!

Bobbi said...

What beautiful arrangements! I love the pulpit arrangement.

heidster said...

Thanks soooo much for doing the flowers for this. They helped set the tune for a great evening! Everyone kept complimenting me on how well it all went - but I think it all started visually for them when they walked in the chapel.

Margaret said...

Those arrangements are absolutely breathtaking. Love your use of the red, white and blue. Congrats to the Eagle recipient! Two of my sons have theirs and my youngest just started Cub Scouts!

Chell said...

Wow those are incredible and even better you got the flowers for free. Gotta love free.

Angela2932 said...

Very impressive that you created these arrangements!!!!!! They're awesome!