Wednesday, May 28, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: FLOWERS

Lucky me! I have been scouting the near-by fields 'n farmhouse yards for red, white, and blue flowers so that I can ask the "owners" if I could prune some stems from the backside of the shrubs. I am arranging the flowers for a gr.son's Eagle Court of Honor and I so prefer garden flowers to store-bought. Well, there was huge patch of these Siberian iris in a pasture and sure enough, I got permission to cut!
Of course, my camera was the first tool I used, before the pruners!
A little abstract work here:
These are all SOOC - I was lucky to have the rich green background.
The wild grass was waist-high and dew-y. Can you guess how much I LOVED being out there?

12 comments:

pat said...

ML--this is hysterical; we weren't even shooting together and we still end up with the same flowers tonight! I LOVE the shot of the 2 buds--so spare and elegant. The edge of the petal is nice and abstract. LOVE the field-full, too. That was a bonanza for you on several levels!!

Chell said...

Um these are AMAzing. I love the different views you caught on some of these and amazing color..

Mom2Drew said...

I really like the DOF in #2, really puts the focus on the flower.

summerbl4ck said...

love the abstract, and sooc wow!

Mandy said...

The colors here are out of this world. Your focus too, really puts the emphasis on the flowers themselves. The purples and greens are out of this world.

Margaret said...

These are just amazing! I have a flower like that in my post today, too. I think we've entered the photography twilight zone!

Reds said...

Beautiful! Love these!

Kim said...

Love the variety!

Jen said...

Beautiful!

Becky said...

You and Pat really are kindred spirits, aren't you? :-) These are so beautiful. I'm so impressed with your SOOC work.

Jess said...

WOW WOW WOW! These are awesome! I love the abstract view!

lcp said...

I'd love being out there too! These are gorgeous - the composition, the rich colors, the perspectives, the flowers themselves...love it!