Thursday, May 29, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: FLOWERS

I seem to have a color scheme going here today! I love rhododendrons when they first pop their bud shells. That first color is often quite different than the final color of the mature rhodie in full bloom. This pale sherbet-y color will later be a solid, deeper pink.

This shot may have been better if I had focused on the entire gathering of snapdragon rather than the one on the right...I am not sure how I like this. But I do love the calm summer colors.
Another cream sherbet! Maybe I took these shots because I needed the calm, dreamy colors after cutting, then spending more than half a day arranging vibrant red, white and blue flowers for a d gr son's Eagle Court of Honor.

6 comments:

Amy said...

These are all so pretty, I love the soft colors! Beautiful!

Margaret said...

I really love the color of that last one. All these are so beautiful.

Mandy said...

I love the soft pinks here. Gorgeous flowers.

pat said...

Beautiful soft colors here, ML! Love that last poppy with the shredded center. Nice, nice!!

mel said...

love the soft sweet colors!

Mom2Drew said...

Really pretty, delicate coloring.