Thursday, June 12, 2008

SINGLE BLOOMS

After a morning of errands, Pat and I saw our very first sunshine in forever! Of course, cameras are always on hand, so we stopped on the way home at a fun nursery called the Grey Barn. We had only moments, but we went crazy!
Clematis centers:
I was experimenting (at last) with my camera's different focus techniques, and I was pleased with the results. Of course, some went into the trash bin, but for the most part, things turned out. I am happy with myself for finally taking the time to try to learn about my Nikon D300 instead of just using the"P" mode.
These 1st 4 are clematis centers. They are also sooc; I was so thrilled with the natural color and the focus - why didn't I try this 2 months ago?! 1st and 4th were cropped only slightly; the others were not. All hand-held.
Maybe this one is a little hard to look at, being all-white?
And, a miniature gerbera. These colors are sooc; I love the way they look like brush-work.
There will be more from the Grey Barn, but tomorrow is a planned outing (based on a positive weather report!) to the Univ. of Wash. campus. Wheeeeeeeee!

13 comments:

pat said...

Absolutely beautiful colors and details, ML. Love the blue clematis center; so vibrant! YOu know what a sucker I am for clematis centers... Nice work ;-)

Lynda said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Yeah! You finally are able to get Merriweather to speak your language! (Or are you speaking his?) :-)

Chell said...

these are great. I need to take my camera with me to the nursery!!

Trina said...

They are beautiful! I love clematis'! I can't pick a favorite!

Tricia said...

I LOVE the 3rd and last photos. Just beautiful.

C said...

So pretty!!! My fav is for sure the last shot, with it's colors.. awesome SOOC too!!

Joanne Fowler said...

Wow, these are stunning! Love the header too!

Tori said...

these are all so pretty. I love the last one... the colors are just really cool!

Jess said...

These are fantastic! I just love the clematises! And congrats to you for getting out of P mode! WOOHOO! :)

Becky said...

Very pretty! And I think you nailed the white perfectly.

Amy said...

Gorgeous shots. I especially love the colors and textures of the gerbera.

♥ Amy said...

Very beautiful photos, especially being SOOC! Good for you for venturing out and mastering this!

Sharon said...

I love that first one, very cool!