Wednesday, April 30, 2008

POTD: Water

This morning during a non-snowing hour, Pat kidnapped me to "get out" and visit the woods of a mutual friend. We were invited to photograph her waterfall; yes, a private waterfall! So, the 2 of us experimented with shutter speeds, metering, etc. I am sure Pat will post her pics from the same place - but what fun we had! These are sooc.


Now, I could retreat to this vantage point any time!
I have a new, serious committment from now until the middle of June which is taking me away from having time to go on photo outings. My postings may be very infrequent.

14 comments:

Tricia said...

Sorry to hear you have to slow things down with your photog. But glad to hear it is only a temp. thing.

Jess said...

These are stunning! I love how you used your ss to make the water look like silk... I could also definitely sit there for hours and just stare!

Jeanette said...

So beautiful!!!

pat said...

LOve 'em, ML!! That is going to be one of our new favorite spots...maybe we can pay Carol some rent. Nice ss here.

Reds said...

Good luck with your studying! Love that last shot especially! - would love to sit and meditate there!

Becky said...

I always love seeing experiments with shutter speed when it comes to water, especially when they're of a beautiful waterfall like this. We'll miss you and your beautiful photos. Hope your busy time is not too stressful.

Kristina said...

Oh, what water is so beautiful. Nice job for sure!

Kim said...

Calming, beautiful!

Melissa said...

These are gorgeous! So jealous you 2 get to hook up and shoot together. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Shawna said...

Great shots... I really like the blur you got in the 2nd one!!

Angela2932 said...

Wait! Wasn't I suppose to have my own personal waterfall in this life too???? (oh. I guess not.) These are gorgeous! Come back and play when you can.

Debbi said...

Beautiful!

LuckyMommy's Photography Blog said...

Simply beautiful! What a great opportunity!

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

ML very beautiful. #1 is awesome. Great job!! Now can you freeze motion?