Sunday, April 13, 2008

POTD Challenge: Natural light

I know we are at the end of this particular challenge subject, but since our trip, I am running behind in everything! Here are 2 photos taken at different times, showing how the walkways of Cal State U, Longbeach are protected from the direct sun. I thought these canvas "kites" looked abstract, and I loved the sun 'n shadow-play. This time I tried really hard to keep from using a botanical shot - always my favorite!

The light in the eyes of my 5-yr-old grand nephew's expression
Okay. I couldn't help it. I had to go botanical in the end. This is in the rose garden at dawn's early light.

8 comments:

pat said...

ML--really like the angles and comp on that first shot. I am so glad you saw those "sun sails". They are really cool. LOVE that rose against the dark background; it looks so velvety!!

Jess said...

BEAUTIFUL shots! I love the lines of the first shot! And your grandson's eyes are gorgeous!

Becky said...

Beautiful light in these. Gotta get in the botanical one with that gorgeous morning light.

Angela2932 said...

Really cool lighting and angles in all of these! And the light in your grandson's eyes is just perfect for last week's theme!

Debbi said...

Great captures! Light is terrific.

Val said...

Nice shots! I love the moody lighting on the rose

Krista P said...

Aww - based on those eyes, I'd guess he's got you wrapped around his finger!

Sharon said...

Very nice captures. I like the abstract of the umbrella.