Wednesday, April 16, 2008

POTD Challenge: WHAT'S THIS?

Kudos to a few of you who thought this had something to do with a mountainside! Indeed, it is a series of ridges with a dusting of fresh snow. I was on my way home (this hill is behind our house) when I saw what the combination of snow and sky color (none!) had done to outline the ridges and present an almost abstract view. I didn't have my camera! I hurried to get it and returned to the vantage point before anything had changed. This is SOOC.
And here is the new one for today. It is also sooc; without effects and just exactly as it looked.

10 comments:

pat said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! I want to say tree bark...Carol would appreciate that.

Jess said...

How awesome! Is the 2nd one hot chocolate running down the outside of your mug? :)

Mom2Drew said...

Spaghetti sauce running? I'm so not good at guessing.

Christiana said...

I'm going with overflowing hot-chocolate also...maybe??

Reds said...

no idea... too early for me to think!! ;)

Becky said...

How'd I miss yesterday's? Very cool and abstract! Today's, let's see...a cannoli? or biscotti? (I always mix those up.) or maybe tree bark?

C said...

Yay i got it! Ok but this one i have no clue on.

Bobbi said...

I was thinking hot chocolate too so I am stinking with that- how fun!

Tera Fraley said...

hmm those are some interesting photos. I was going to say spilled coffee.

Suzy said...

Very cool mountainside pic! And I guess Coffee on a mug?