Saturday, February 2, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL


This very morning, Saturday, was the first sunny dawn we have had probably 2 weeks. Fresh snow has fallen daily in the mountains around our valley, and even locally at times. What a gorgeous dawn we had! I took these photos from our front porch, and because I did was not dressed for the ocassion, I must add that I took them quickly! Talk about "point-'n-shoot"! So here are the two angles taken just seconds apart and without changing my position.
In the seconds between shots, you can see the sun was changing positions even when I didn't.
These are SOOC and hand-held.

5 comments:

Chell said...

Wow gorgeous. It's amazing what nature has to offer, love how you can see the sun coming up on the mountains.

pat said...

absolutely gorgeous! I love the difference in the sky and the sun effect on the snow, and the fact that you have the profile so clearly! I was shooting around the side from you...

mamawest777 said...

Love the 2nd one!

Amy said...

Wow, what a gorgeous view you have from your porch!

Suzy said...

WOW... just WOW!!