Wednesday, January 30, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: VERTICAL, HORIZONTAL

After the latest freeze a couple of days ago, of course I headed for THE Falls to find hoarfrost. There was none; only a tad of barely-discernable frost. But it was a good time to try the assignment because the Falls are always photographed vertically. They are huge and long and, well - vertical, after all! This time I wanted to keep the Falls totally in the background, so I focused on the red berries touched with frost.

Now to force myself to do the horizontal from the same place. I guess with the Falls out of focus, it doesn't really make any difference.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the vertical one.. neat shot!

pat said...

You know me--Ms Upright. Love the vertical shot; that punch of red is WONDERFUL!!

C said...

beautiful!

Chell said...

I like them both but the vertical draws me in a bit more.

Mom2Drew said...

Beautiful contrast with the red. I like the vertical one best, but both are nice.

Krista P said...

I love the red and white together.

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one...it makes my eye follow the branches.
Cari

Becky said...

I like the vertical better. Beautiful pop of red. (And I love the word hoarfrost.)

Ginnie said...

I really like the contrast of the red berries in this. Great job!

Tori said...

I really like the pop of red in this from the berries! I think I like the vertical one best.

Farrah Jobling said...

really neat...I like both!

Val said...

Pretty shots! I like the falls as a backdrop

Anonymous said...

Nice color another vote here for verticle

Tera Fraley said...

Great photos, love the red!! I like the vertical too!

Suzy said...

beatutiful!!