Sunday, January 20, 2008

POTD Challenge

Fresh snow and a near-by mill pond - yay! And Pat to go with me - Yay again. We had a wonderful morning, leaving as soon as it got light, to go out and about and see what we could see after the fresh, dry, cold snowfall. At the edge of the mill pond, I tried for a shot of stark white snow background to these cattails, stuck in ice. So, here are 3 varieties, which is pretty cocky of me since I don't know if even the original is worth keeping! ML

SOOC; no enhancements or crops:Below, I added some degrees of color saturation. What I really wanted in the first place is a stark snow (and nothing else) background with just two colors: the brown tops and parchment stems. I am not sure if I got it right.
Then, to try just BW conversion:

11 comments:

Angela2932 said...

I really like how the 3rd one turned out. And thanks for explaining what you did as you went along with the editing. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I really like all of these!!! Wonderful photos!
cari

pat said...

I'd say you are jumping in quite well. I like the second one where you pumped up the color contrast a bit; although, I like the B&W, too.

Stacey said...

These are great!

Sharon said...

I think your sooc is great!

Jess said...

I really, REALLY like the last two! I think you got the colors right, it looks great! Certainly makes me shiver! ;c)

Becky said...

I like the first one best, and love your composition here. Aren't you lucky to hang out with Pat!

Mom2Drew said...

You know what? I actually like your SOOC best! Good job.

Val said...

I like this photo! Very cool and abstract. Glad you posted it!

Amy said...

I like all of these, but the second one stands out the most to me. I like the hint of blue in the background. Very nice!

Tera Fraley said...

Great photo, love the snowy look here!! Looks like it was COLD out, glad to see you back!