Wednesday, January 9, 2008

FOCUS INTO 2008

Oh my, this is so weird! I just saw Pat's post and she has the same idea; we didn't even mention it to each other! One of the things on which I want to focus this year is to improve my people-picture-taking skills. I don't have any, so this will be a great learning experience for me. My history to this point (and will be for the little while ahead) as a Pea-er has been with my Olympus point-'n-shoot. I am starting research even now into the big next step of getting a dSLR. Anyway, my hope is that I will be more active in taking (and enjoying doing so, which I don't right now) photos of our grandchildren.

I am happy with this photo of DGD A., age 3, simply because of the sappy expression on her face. You see, she is fondling a rock and she thinks she is alone. I am a rock hound, and I just wanted to hug her when I saw her pensive feelings here!
I tried to get too close, so there is too much noise here, but I am glad that her face shows the dirt from her rock-rubbing! I really, really, am anxious to learn to "do" people this year!

16 comments:

jewels said...

HA :) I thought the rock was an oreo cookie! :) I totally want to know what it is she is thinking about. The second was has good expression...even if there is some noise, it's not ALWAYS a bad thing. :)

cheers,
jewels

Stacey said...

You did a great job! Great photos and she is adorable!

Mandy said...

She is so cute! Look at those deep blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

Those are both precious photos! You did a great job on a person!
Cari

pat said...

You sell yourself short, ML. I've seen many of your people photos and they are all lightyears better than mine. I will ascribe that to the more willing subjects that you have, beyond the fact that you are better at it. I LOVE the rock shot--I understand that completely!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh that first one is truly priceless..love that expression and wild curls.

jordan.krogman said...

You look to be off to a good start with your people photos! It's scary to think of leaping into something new. . . I'd freak out if I started shooting still life! :)

Tomboymama said...

Those are really sweet. I like the expressions you captured. Great job.

Tera Fraley said...

Great idea!! I need to get better at people too. Looks like she has some lovely eyes!! Try to stand over her and get her to look up at you- thats usually the easiest way to get a child to look at you!

pakosta said...

well i think these are so beautifUL!!!!!
tara

Margaret said...

That is sooo cute! I love the expression on her face. Nice work!

Kristi said...

She looks pleasantly pensive in that first one! Very sweet shot!

Ljsmom33 said...

Very adorable! Great job!

Val said...

I like the second one!

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Too cute...I think you are off to a great start...these are great shots

Becky said...

She's so sweet!