Sunday, February 10, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: LOVE

For almost 10 years, until recently, we lived high in the mountains where we were under snow (burying our house) from October to, sometimes as late as May. My DH never failed to bring me a bouquet of fresh tulips or daffodils every Friday. Now THAT is love! Well, here in the valley below our wonderful mountians the winter is still drab and gray, and he continues the gesture.

These tulips are special to me because they are my first subject for my new Nikon D300 camera which is not even a week old yet. I am dying to get out and about with it, but alas, our weather is too, too wet. So my DH's love bouquet goes on... as I practice.

14 comments:

Donnah Ciempka said...

I really like the first two - I can't choose. Great images.

Mandy said...

These are just absolutely stunning. I love how you got great color, but you didn't sacrifice the softness of the photo.

Liz said...

Beautiful!!! I love the colors in the last one but the composition in the first one is just perfect!

pakosta said...

sweet of your dh!
and lovely shots!
tara

Anonymous said...

Oh these are beautiful! I LOVE the last one!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Wow...what a great husband! I love fresh flowers, nothing quite like em'

Becky said...

Beautiful! I love flowers in the winter.

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and compositon

Anonymous said...

How sweet you are doing a great job with that new camera

Tera Fraley said...

Very pretty shots, I love that last one!! Such pretty flowers

Farrah Jobling said...

great shots...great DOF.

Yvonne said...

Great pictures! I love the color and composition of the first one!

Val said...

So beautiful. What a sweet hubby!

pat said...

Very nice!! Love the detailed shot of the petals, and the leaves are really interesting, especially with the curve you captured. Good work, Nikon Newbie!!