Friday, February 15, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: LOVE

One day this last week I was at the middle school where I assist the choir director. What a fun surprise for me to learn it would not be class as usual, but an all-school assembly. The school had helped sponser a youth choir from Uganda. As we know, children in Uganda do not have many reasons to hope, but these young people were all-out celebrating life with unbelievable energy. I had to hurry home to get my camera and try to capture their LOVE of LIFE! The gym was dark - no light from above or anywhere. I still don't know my camera, so this was as good as it got for me. ML

9 comments:

pat said...

WOW! For shooting in a dark gym, this is a great shot! The energy fairly leaps off the screen. I like the fact that you can see the movement; that she isn't static. What a treat that performance must've been. Good work!!

Becky said...

How cool! I love the movement also.

Anonymous said...

That is great for the conditions you were in!!! Wonderful...I like that you can "feel" the movement!
cari

Jeanette said...

I love the movement!

Amy said...

You did really good in a gym with no lighting! Love the action, cool photo!

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. especially shooting in the gym.

Sharon said...

Good job with the photo!

Mandy said...

Wow...that is still really awesome. I actually think the blur really adds to the photo. That would have been so awesome to see for sure.

Val said...

I love they way you caught the movement