Wednesday, March 12, 2008

POTD CHALLENGE: ANIMALS

There are no exciting animals loose in our neighborhood today! So, these are from my files. While walking on a very remote beach in southern Oregon, my sister nearly stepped onto this newborn seal because his camoflage, from above, looked like just another rock. I was below by several feet, so was able to get two quick pics off before we moved hurridly away. We did not want to upset the natural way of things before the mother got back from feeding. What a sweetie, huh?


10 comments:

pat said...

You know how much I love this guy! Still can't believe your good luck in being able to capture these shots. I didn't see this on the boards. Are you up?

Tracie said...

Oh, he is so sweet! What beautiful shots you got.

Mom2Drew said...

What a beautiful animal.

C said...

That seal is SO beautiful as well as you pictures. Glad that you were able to get these :) TFS

Val said...

So cute!

mamawest777 said...

Love these!!!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous! I love them! And how incredible that you saw him for real and not in a zoo. I would wet myself with excitement.

pakosta said...

so coOL!
i love those seals!
tara

Margaret said...

What a fabulous find! I love your shots. He is so cute!

Debbi said...

Great pictures!